Rule: can’t have more than 3 projects or more than 3 books at any given time.
Completion is the key to accomplishment.
Projects I am currently working on:
- AlgoCentral - documenting every coding problem I solve, with steps and aha moments, and hosting it all on this website. Graphing progress over time. Regular progress. Completion criteria: never really finished, but 50 problems is a great checkpoint.
- timePredictor - in collaboration with Dhiraj Pangal - sklearn fitting data to models; skills: one-hot encoding, finding accuracy, trying different models, being hacky, possibly having real-world impact
- PECOTA for cricket - in collaboration with Sachin Rammoorthy - likely neural nets with TF, currently barebones Python
BMUX - me and Lucas are building this - Python MacOS app with rumps; skills: Python classes, functions, reading documentation carefullybuilt this, low-maintenance issues mode now
Books I am currently reading:
- The Signal and the Noise
- A Brief History of Nearly Everything
Habits I am building:
- Anki every day. For now I’m using it to learn capitals of countries, something I’ve always been fascinated by. Might expand to include lessons from books, other things as in this great piece. UPDATE: used Anki to relative success in my Art history midterm. Seems promising.